A hike on the Pacific Crest Trail

Hi everyone. This blog will chronicle my walk along the Pacific Crest Trail. Snoop around and find out about who I am, why I'm doing this, what I'll be bringing, and follow along as I hopefully make it all the way from Mexico to Canada.

Saturday, August 8, 2015

August 5. Day 96.

Seiad Valley to Seiad Valley
Miles hiked: 0

Got up early and made some coffee and did some blog chores while waiting for the cafe to open. This cafe is home to the famous 5 pound pancake challenge, which only 2 hikers have finished in the last 7 years. I just had French toast and eggs and bacon and was almost filled up.

After breakfast I learned that the Post Office doesn't open until noon. So I settled in back at the RV park to wait for that. By the time I got my box and sorted my food and got really full back at the cafe it was getting pretty hot and I didn't like the idea of setting out for the big climb out of town. It still hadn't cooled much by 5, so I went ahead and made the decision to stay another night and leave early tomorrow. Bonus zero day.


Birds:
Red-shouldered Hawk
Band-tailed Pigeon 
Canada Goose

No comments:

Post a Comment