A hike on the Pacific Crest Trail

Hi everyone. This blog will chronicle my walk along the Pacific Crest Trail. Snoop around and find out about who I am, why I'm doing this, what I'll be bringing, and follow along as I hopefully make it all the way from Mexico to Canada.

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

August 19. Day 110.

Zero day in Corvallis. 

Walked down the street a few blocks first thing to get my cappuccino fix and visit the great French bakery I always used to feel guilty about going to but now couldn't pass up. Walked back with blackberry Danish (yes, I said it was a French bakery) sticking in my beard and washed down with the coffee then spent the morning hanging out at the house, talking and working away at my pile of fruit. 

At noon we went to see my friend Corrine's thesis defense, which I was really happy the timing worked out for me to see. After that it was getting warm so Mike brought his kiddy pool and puppy over and we put water and ice in the former, then sat around with our feet and the dogs cooling off in the water. In the evening it was back out to a bar to celebrate the successful thesis defense, for a great end to what turned out to be an awesome zero day. 


Bulk dept. at WinCo has a sense of humor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment