A hike on the Pacific Crest Trail

Hi everyone. This blog will chronicle my walk along the Pacific Crest Trail. Snoop around and find out about who I am, why I'm doing this, what I'll be bringing, and follow along as I hopefully make it all the way from Mexico to Canada.

Monday, June 29, 2015

June 27 and 28. Days 57 and 58.

Zero days in Mammoth Lakes.


Not much to report, trail wise, from these two days. Took advantage of the Internet and real computer to deal with some bank issues and make a plan for turning around one of my thesis chapters which got accepted for publication with "major revisions".

Ate a lot of great fresh food. Had some really nice little hikes. Had more food food. Resupplied sunscreen, but juice and a few other little things. Relaxed. Enjoyed the company of my girls. 

"Waiting out rain in the car is boring."

On the evening of the 28th we shifted from the hotel to a campground, just in time for a few hours of rain. While waiting that out we sat in the car, drinking beer and laughing as we made up funny bird-related lyrics to songs. Finally cooked some chicken skewers and veggie foil wraps over a campfire. So enjoying this visit!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Scott. Greetings from Sweden. Congratulations with making the 900 miles mark. Great that you managed to heal your injury so quickly. I really enjoy your style of writing and your reflections on the trail. Looking forward to your reports all the way to Canada. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahoy Scott! Glad to read that things are well, especially in light of your recent leg troubles. I'm currently turning pages of John McPhee's Assembling California. If you haven't read it, you should steal it from our bookshelf post-PCT, I think you'll truly enjoy it - you're strolling through one of the book's primary settings. Keep well, looking forward to posts from farther north, Dave

    ReplyDelete